Publications chapters and articles:
- “The Future of Democracy in a Cyber-Security Framework”, Efthymiopoulos M.P. & Kyriakidis K., , , in Curran & Ijeh (Ed. 2020): book on Crime Science and Digital Forensics: A Holistic View, London: CRC Press (Taylor and Francis Group). -waiting for final approval for publication.
- “NATO’s Current and Future Cyber-Defense Adaptability”, Efthymiopoulos M. P., , in Curran & Ijeh (Ed. 2020): book on Crime Science and Digital Forensics: A Holistic View, London: CRC Press (Taylor and Francis Group). -waiting for final approval for publication.
- Efthymiopoulos M.P. (2018) “Cyber-Security and Sustainable Development: The Case of Dubai” In (eds.) Handbook of Cyber-Democracy, Cyber-Development & Cyber-Defense, , http://www.springer.com/la/book/9783319090689
- Efthymiopoulos M.P. (2018) Cyber-Challenges and NATO. In: Carayannis E., Campbell D., Efthymiopoulos M. (eds) Handbook of Cyber-Development, Cyber-Democracy, and Cyber-Defense. Springer, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-06091-0_47-2
- Efthymiopoulos M.P. (2014), “NATO’s Cyber-Defense: A Methodology for Smart Defense” (Eds) Cyber-Development, Cyber-Democracy and Cyber-Defense, Challenges, Opportunities and Implications for Theory, Policy and Practice in (eds), Carayannis, Campbell & Efthymiopoulos, Published by Springer (2014). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-1028-1_12
- Zeneli & Efthymiopoulos (2014), “Security Through Economic Development & Strengthening Of Institutional Capacity: From The Era Of Transition To An Era Of Opportunity In South East Europe”, in Shaping South East Europe’s Security Community for the 21st Century: Trust, Partnership, Integration, by (eds) Sharyl Cross, Savo Kentera, Radovan Vukadinovic and R. Craig Nation Palgrave-Macmillan 2014. https://doi.org/10.1057/9781137010209_8
- Efthymiopoulos M. P. (2018), “Hybrid Alliances: Efficiency, Business Continuity and Future Foresight in a World of Challenges” In: Smart Technologies and Innovation for a Sustainable Future, result of proceedings of the 1st American University in the Emirates International Research Conference — Dubai, UAE 2017, by (Ed) Al-Masri, Ahmed, Curran, Kevin, Springer USA. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-01659-3_21
Efthymiopoulos M.P. (2019), “A Cyber-security framework for development defense and
innovation at NATO”, Journal of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Springer USA.
(2019) Vol 8:12, https://doi.org/10.1186/s13731-019-0105-z
Efthymiopoulos M.P. (2018), “Hybrid Challenges in the Balkans, in
Asymmetry and Strategy”, Thematic Collection of Articles
Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Serbia, Defense University,
Strategic Research Institute, pp127-144. ISBN 978-86-81121-17-7
Efthymiopoulos M. P (2016), “Cyber-Security and Smart Cities: The Case of Dubai”
Journal of Innovation and Entrepreneurship -Springer 2016-
Efthymiopoulos Journal of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (2016) Vol 5:11
https://DOI:10.1186/s13731-016-0036-x, New York, USA.
Efthymiopoulos M. P (2016), “NATO Smart Defense & Cyber-Resilience”,
The Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy & Tufts University,
The Constantine G. Karamanlis Chair in Hellenic & European Studies
May 2016, Boston USA. Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy. Working Paper 1/2016.
Efthymiopoulos M. P (2016), “Immunity from Western Policy Orientation.
The Case of Greece & Russian Relations” Journal of Comparative Politics 1(22)/2016, MGIMO University Moscow, Russia. https://doi.org/10.18611/2221-3279-2016-7-1(22)-83-98 http://www.comparativepolitics.org/jour/article/view/388
Efthymiopoulos M. P (2016), “The Geometry of the Game of Thrones: from Balance to
Power Projection and Efficacy”, Geostrategie Journal, Romania
Anul XVI, nr. 64-65 (2 / 2016).
Efthymiopoulos M. P (2015), “From Transition to Opportunity: Security, Institutional Strengthening and Economic Development, Southeast Europe Revisited”. Journal of the Knowledge Economy
December 2015, Volume 6/4 pp 838–855. Springer USA.
Efthymiopoulos M. P (2014), “The New Regional Games of Thrones”
Turkish Policy Quarterly, Fall Issue, 2014, Vol. 13, No 3.
Efthymiopoulos & Adubato (2014), “Language Training as a process for Interoperability
of Force projection of NATO. JAPCC Journal/NATO Germany/ Journal Edition 19Autumn, Winter 2014, Transformation & Capabilities, www.japcc.org (edition 19).
Efthymiopoulos M. P (2014), “The Changing Nature of the Balance of Power and
the Real Game of Thrones: From Ukraine, to beyond the borders of Middle Earth”
Published by the Ministry of Defense of Greece, Hellenic Presidency of the European Union
(Jan 2014-June 2014) & General Staff of the Armed forces of Greece
Efthymiopoulos M. P (2014), “A Resolution to a Dispute with no Strings Attached:
The Name Dispute of the Former Yugoslavian Republic Of Macedonia and Greece”.
Journal of Croatian Membership in the European Union. 2/2014, Vienna,
February 2014 ISBN: 978-3-902944-35-1 Ernst M. Felberbauer and Predrag Jurekovic (Ed).
Efthymiopoulos M. P (2013), “Specialization and Preparedness in Countering Emerging
Threats at Sea”, Journal Issue N.7/July 2013. NMIOTC-MIO Publications, Souda Bay Crete, NATO. http://www.hellenicnavy.gr/hosted/nmiotc/files/NMIOTCjournal7.pdf
Efthymiopoulos M. P (2012), “An alliance between, Greece, Turkey and Israel?”
Turkish Quartely, Fall Issue 2012 Vol 11. No3.
Efthymiopoulos M & Zeneli V (2012), “From Transition to Opportunity: Security Through Economic Development and Institutional Strengthening”, Research in World Economy's (September 2012),
https://DOI:10.5430/rwe.v3n2p29 ISSN 1923-3981(Print) ISSN 1923-399X
Efthymiopoulos M. P. (2011), “The Economic Knowledge and NATO’s Financial Visibility”. (Eratum: Viability) Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer, USA.
June 2011, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp 249–255. First online: 24 November 2010
Efthymiopoulos M. P (2011), “The evolution of the NATO Maritime Interdiction Training
Operating Center”. Journal Issue N.4/2011. NMIOTC-MIO Publications, Souda Bay Crete, NATO. http://www.hellenicnavy.gr/hosted/nmiotc/files/NMIOTCjournal4.pdf
Efthymiopoulos M. P (2011), “Foreign Interests Revisited: Cyprus, NATO’s Partnership
for Peace and Turkey”, Journal on Southeastern European Security Strategy and Transatlantic Leadership June 2011, Vol I, ISSN 1792-9415, Strategy International.
Efthymiopoulos M. P (2010), “NATO-Russia Security Architecture. A period of change.
ournal Europe”, Polish Institute of International Affairs English & Russian Language translated No. 1/34 (2010).
Efthymiopoulos M. P. (2009), “NATO’s Security Operations in Electronic Warfare:
The Policy of Cyber-Defense and the Alliance’s new Strategic Concept”.
Journal of Information Warfare JIW Vol. 8 Issue 3. (December 2009)
ISSN 1445-3312 Online Journal: ISSN 1445-3347
Efthymiopoulos M.P (2006), “Negotiating the Future: The Basket of Choices,
NATO and NATO-Russia Relations”, Les Cahiers du RMES (Réseau Multidisciplinaire d’ Etudes Stratégiques), Vol.3, n°2, hiver 2006. http://www.rmes.be/CDR6.pdf
Efthymiopoulos M.P (2005), “Is NATO in need of a Renewed Strategic Concept?”
Journal of Information Warfare Edith Cowan University, Australia.
Vol 4. Issue 3 December 2005, ISSN 1445-3312.
[Referenced in 2006 at the US Congress and the National Defense University].
Selected Conference Papers:
- Hybrid Alliances: Efficiency, Business Continuity & Future Foresight in a World of Challenges. AUE 1st Research Conference
Conference Book of Proceedings by Springer October 2018.
- Cyprus Republic’s Multi-Ethnic and Multi-Religious Model Society:
European and Global Geostrategic Considerations and Opportunities
International Political Studies Association (IPSA)
Joint Colloquium of Research Committees 14, 28, and 13.
- “Democratization and Constitutional Design in Divided Societies”
University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus, 24-27 June 2017.
OSINT and Cyber-Intelligence in a time of Smart Cities
International Association for Intelligence Educator (IAFIE)
2nd Annual Conference 22-24 June 2017, Athens Greece.
- Hybrid Alliances: Efficiency, Business Continuity & Future Foresight
in a World of Challenges 10th international conference „Crisis Management Days“,
University of Applied Sciences Velika Gorica, Terme Tuhelj Republic of Croatia 24th-26th of May 2017.
- Cyber Security in the Smart City of Dubai, 11th International Conference on Cyber Warfare & Security (ICIW), Boston University, Boston, USA 17 - 18 March 2016.
- The Game of Thrones. CFP 3rd International Conference on Emerging Paradigms in Business & Social Science Research November 24-26, 2015, Park Hyatt Dubai, UAE
- The Weapons of Mass Destruction and Proliferation: The North Atlantic policy.
5th International Conference on Information Warfare 2006.
Published by Academic Conferences Limited. ISBN 1-905305-17-6.
University of Maryland Eastern Shore Campus.
- Is NATO in Need of a New Security Concept?
4th European Conference on Information Warfare 2005
ISBN 1-905305-02-8, Academic Conferences Glamorgan University.
- NATO’s War on Terror and the Electronic Medium: A Retrospective Analysis on Combating Terrorist Insurgence European Conference on Information Warfare
Defense College of Management and Technology Shrivenham UK,
Efthymiopoulos M.P & Demergis J.
- Challenging NATO Security Operations in Electronic Warfare:
The Policy of Cyber-Defense. Proceedings: 8th European Conference on Information War University of Minho & the Military Academy Lisbon, Portugal
Selected Key Lectures:
- Gulf Intelligence, Conference on Energy, ADNEC Abu Dhabi.
With Permission to represent the UAE’s ECSSR center, (November 2019).
On Geostrategic Challenges, Energy and Opportunities.
- Edwards University, Korzemtsky Center, Austin Texas, USA (March 2018),
On Cyber-Security and Security in the 21st Century.
- Indiana University, Bloomington, School of International Global Studies
Cyber-Security Annual Conference (January 2018)
On Cyber-Security, Smart Cities: Dubai’s Artificial Intelligence Strategy.
- Gulf Intelligence, 9th Annual Conference on Energy Security (December 2017)
on Geostrategic Challenges, Energy and Opportunities.
- Enterprise Risk Management (ESRM) Conference Dubai, (11 October 2017)
On Future of Security and Resilience, On Information Analysis
- 11th International Conference on Information Warfare & Security,
ASPI & Boston University Smart Security, Smart Defense and Smart Cities: The Case of Dubai (17 & 18 March 2016), Boston University, USA.
- Middlesex University Dubai, 3rd International Conference RPBSS, The Game of Thrones in the Middle East, Middlesex University Dubai. (November 2015).
- Rabdan Academy, Abu Dhabi, International Conference on Intelligence & Security (November 2015) Theatre of Training and Operations. Securitizing with Effectiveness.
- NATO Maritime Interdiction Training Operation Center (NMIOTC) NATO, in an era of Converging, (June 2012), Diverging future Maritime Security Operations Presented: Financial viability of Maritime Security training and operations, Souda Bay Crete.
- NATO ATA, 2BS Forum Montenegro Atlantic Council Meeting (June 2012) on Security in Southeastern Europe. Financial planning and development for the future. The role of NATO.
- NATO shadow Summit III, Commitments, Capabilities and Connectivity (May 2012),
on NATO, Southeastern Europe, Greece and the Middle East Washington DC, (C-span recorded).
- NATO’s Chicago Summit and Greece, Organized event with NATO PDD, (May 2012), Public Diplomacy as a NATO Event. Hosted and Presented the views on Greece-NATO relations In a time of austerity measure: The way forward, Chicago USA.
- Johns Hopkins SAIS University, Europe and the Energy Sector, European Parliament (March 2012) , Johns Hopkins Cooperation with Strategy International, hosted by the Hungarian MEPs
Presented views Energy and Southeastern Europe in a period of fiscal changes.
- SNR Abu Dhabi International Security and National Resilience, Abu Dhabi International Exhibition Center (ADNEC), (March 2018) on National Infrastructure and Resilience.
- Abu Dhabi Police, Innovation week (February 2018), on Future of Security and Information Analysis.
- Dubai Police, Crisis Management Center (May 2016),
Invited Lecture on Ethics of Security and Crisis Management. Approval by HQ Dubai Police.
- Dubai Police, Crisis Management Center (May 2015),
on Aspects of Modern Security and Strategy. Approval by HQ Dubai Police.
- European Commission, DG of Communications Networks, Contents and Technology, Unit H4, Trust and Security BU25 3/10, B-1049 (December 2015), Brussels Belgium, on Alliances and Global Cyber-Security.
- University of Illinois Chicago, Department of Hellenic studies, (February 2014),
on Game of Thrones, Ukraine, Russia and the Middle East Chicago Illinois USA.
- University of Nicosia Guest Speaker on The Middle East (May 2015), Invited by the Chair of Middle East Studies, Nicosia, Republic of Cyprus.
- School of International and Global Affairs, MGIMO Moscow University,(May 2014),
on International Security, Information Sharing and International Development, Moscow Russia.
- Polish Economic Forum, (February 2013), Invited Chair & Speaker at the European Security Forum and Global Relations. Krunice Poland.
- Hellenic National Security Police, Security Police Force Athens, (2012 & 2013),
Lectured as Adjunct Professor of National & Homeland Security, Athens Greece.