- Mais irreem A. Kama; Dr. Laheeb M. Ibrahim, and Prof. AbdulSattar Al-Alusi, 2020); Dolphin and Elephant Herding Optimization Swarm Intelligence Algorithms used to detect NERIS BOTENT (2020); Journal of Engineering, Science and Technology (JESTEC), ACCEPTED to appear in Volume 15, Issue 5 (October 2020). (Scopus indexed).
- Al-Alusi, AbdulSattar, Dusko Tomic and Dr Eldar Saljic, AUE (2020); The importance of Artificial intelligence in the prevention of environmental accidents. Journal of Engineering Management- CIBEK 2020, Thomson Routers ( Thomson Router indexed)
- Tareq Shareef Younus, AbdulSattar Al-Alusi, Dr. Reyaz Ahmad, and Dr. Mohammad Obaidat ; Synergism Paradigm and Effective Teamwork (2019); An Empirical Study (2019); International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE) ISSN: 2278-3075, Volume-8, Issue-12S, October 2019 (Scopus indexed)"
- Al-Alusi, Abdul Sattar and Dr. VCSMR Pujari); A framework for Leadership in Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs);The GLOBUS Journal: An International Journal of Management and IT, Vol. 3 No 2 Jan-Jun 2012; page 61-66; .http://www.globusjournal.in, ISBN 0975-721X; April, 2012
- Shire, Ali and AbdulSattar Al-Alusi. (2009); E-Security Management Framework in Cyberspace. IIMT BUSINESS REVIEW Journal. Vol. 1, No. 1, Jan-Jun 2009. Pp 21-26.
- Al-Alusi, Abdul Sattar (2008). Institutional Effectiveness and Program Assessment: A Case Study of ITTIHAD UNIVERSITY; Arab Journal of Administration, A refereed special Issue, Arab Administrative Development Organization, Egypt.
- Mohammad A. M. Hassan, and Al-Alusi, A.S. (2007); Evaluating the Admission Planning in Sana’a University for the Academic Year 2004-2005 Using Goal Programming; the Faculty of Science Bulletin, Vol. (20) October 2007; Sana'a University, Yemen.
- Al-Alusi, A.S.; & M. Abdel Gadir (2005). Experimental Design of Islamic Banking Investment Policies with Risk: A sensitivity Analysis Study; Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 10, No.1&2, 2005, Yemen (www.ust.edu); (ISSN 1607-2073)
- AL-Alusi, A.S.; M. Abdel Gadir & Al-Mansoob (2003). M A Computer Based Modelling Approach as a Financial Planning Tool for Islamic Banking Investment Policies; Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 8, No.1, 2003, Yemen (www.ust.edu); (ISSN 1607-2073).
- Al-Alusi, A.S. (1993); An Integrated System for Calculating the Optimal Number of vehicles required for Supply; (In Arabic; Journal of Defence ;issue No. 2;1993); Baghdad.
- Al-Alusi, A.S. (1993); Development of System Dynamics Simulation for designing and analyzing resource allocation Policies (In Arabic; Journal of Defence; issue No. 1; 1993); Baghdad.
- Abdul-Jabbar, M and A. S. Al-Alusi, (1992); Computer Assisted Training with a case study; (In Arabic; Journal of Defence; issue No. 2; 1992; Baghdad
- Al-Alusi, A,S, (1991), The use of Goal Programming in Manpower Planning with Application; In Arabic; Journal of Defence; issue no. 2; 1991); Baghdad,
- Wolstenholme, E. F. and A.S. Al-Alusi (1987), System Dynamics and Heuristic Optimization Part I ; System Dynamics Review. Vol. 3, No. 2; winter 1987; pp102 - 116.
- Wolstenholme, E. F. and A.S. Al-Alusi (1987), System Dynamics and Heuristic Optimization Analysis THE SEQUEL; Working Paper; Management Centre, University of Bradford; U. K.; 1987.
- Institutional Effectiveness and Program Assessment: A Case Study; Arab Administrative Development Organization, The Arab League, Cairo, 2008. (In English with summary in Arabic).
- Operational Research Techniques: Quantitative Methods for Decision Making ;( In Arabic, 2003; DAR ALQALAM for Publishing and Distribution, Dubai. UAE); ISBN 9948-03-057-5.
- Operational Research (Military Application); (3rd edition, 1992); Baghdad. (In Arabic).
- Contribution to a book: Chapter (10) in “System Enquiry “; by E. F. Wolstenholme; John Wiley & Sons; 1990.
- Network Analysis for Project Planning and Following -Up; (with Dr. A. Etman); Baghdad; 1985 (in Arabic).
- Translating 4 books from English to Arabic in OR and related fields (1991 –1995).
- Ibrahim, Laheeb Mohammed and AbdulSattar Al-Alusi (2018); Simulation of Grey Wolf Optimization Algorithm to distinguish between Modigliani’s and his Contemporaries (2018), with, 2nd AUE International Research Conference “Sustainable Development and Social Responsibilities” November 13-15, 2018 Dubai, UAE
- Al-Alusi, AbdulSattar Ahmad (2016); UAE – Promising Destination to Higher Education Investment, Summit of Leaders: Investment in Science and Education: Investment in the Future; the Oxford Academic Union; December 20, 2016; Oxford, UK (http://www.oau.ebaoxford.co.uk/index.php/events-and-activities/past-events/summit-of-leaders ).
- Al-Alusi, AbdulSattar and Ravikiran Dwivedula; (2015); DUBAI as an Emerging Education Destination /Hub – A Comprehensive Review of Recent Trends in HE in the Emirates; Oxford Summit of Leaders: Prime Business Destinations: Innovative Aspects of the University City Development‘; XV Annual Gathering of the Academic Union; December 15, 2015; Oxford, UK. (http://oau.ebaoxford.co.uk/index.php/about-oxford-summit).
- Al-Ausi, AbdulSattar and VCSMR Pujari (2015); A Quality Culture Framework on Leadership in Private Higher Education Institutions (PHEIs), 3rd QQA Conference Quality Education & Training: Sustainability & Employability 17 – 19 February 2015, KOB.
- Rizk, Shaker and AbdulSattar Al-Alusi (2011), Improving Quality in Higher Education through Internal Benchmarking (IBM), , Proceedings of the 2011 Biennial INQAAHE Conference, 4-7 April, 2011 hosted by The National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation (ANECA, Madrid, Spain.
- Rizk, Shaker and AbdulSattar Al-Alusi (2011), Utilizing KPIs in Evaluating Academic Programs, Proceedings of the 2011 Biennial INQAAHE Conference, 4-7 April, 2011 hosted by The National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation (ANECA, Madrid, Spain, (accepted Paper)
- Rizk, Shaker and AbdulSattar Al-Alusi (2009); Promoting a Quality Assurance Culture in Higher Education, Proceedings of the Higher Education International Conference, Beirut, Lebanon - April 23- 25, 2009, pp202-212.
- Al-Alusi, A. S. and Rizk, S. (2009). A Continuous Improvement Cycle for Academic Programs: Ittihad University Case. Proceedings of the INQAAHE Conference, CAA, MHE & SR, Abu Dhabi, UAE; 30 March – 2 April, 2009, pp340-354.
- Al-Alusi, Abdul Sattar (2008); Institutional Effectiveness and Program Assessment: A Case Study, The “First Arab Conference on;” Arab Universities: Challenges and Future Perspectives”; organized by the Arab Administrative Development Organization, Rabat, Morocco, 9-13/12/2007.
- Sher, Ali, AbdulSattar Al-Alusi, and Rafiqul-zaman Khan (2007); A Systematic Approach to Information Security Management; National Conference on Information and Communication Technology (NCITC) May 26, 2007 jointly arranged by the HE Commission and the University of Science and Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Al-Alusi, A.S. and Ali Sher (2006), e-Security Management Framework in Cyberspace; the Cyber IT Crimes Conference, Sharjah University, November 26-28, 2006.
- Al-Alusi, abdulsattar (2004), Quality in HE; One-Day Seminar on TQM in Development; ITTIHAD UNIVERSITY with RAK Government-Economic Department; RAK- Hilton; December 8, 2004.
- Wolstenholme, E. F and A, S. al-Alusi (1989); Improving Insight and Understanding by Optimizing System Dynamics Models; In Computer-Based Management of Complex Systems; the proceedings of the 1989 International conference of the System Dynamics Society; (Eds. Milling, P.M. and E.O.K. Zahn; pp556; Stuttgart- Germany; July 1989; Springer-Verlag; Berlin.
- Wolstenholme, E. F. and A.S. Al-Alusi (1986), A case study System Dynamics combat Modelling; The proceeding of The 1986 International Conference of the System Dynamics Society; pp 377-388; (Eds. Aracil, J. Et al; Seville - Spain); Oct. 1986.
- Al-Alusi, AbdulSattar and VCSMR Pujari (2014), A framework for Quality Leadership in Private HEIs (speech), Summit of Leaders “Science and Education. Innovative Models of Development”, Oxford, UK, 12-15 October 2014; http://www.summitofleaders.co.uk/en/conference.
- Al-Alusi, AbdulSattar ( 2012); The Higher Technologies the Country Uses the Higher Development Can Be Achieved; UAE as A Guideline; Keynote Speaker “International Conference on Advanced Computer Science Applications and Technologies – ACSAT2012; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; 26th -28th November 2012. Also as one of the Conference’s Advisors (http://acsat.co.uk/advisors.php)
- PhD “Impact of ICT in Managing the Challenges of SMEs in UAE, School of the Built Environment, University of Salford, Manchester, UK , July 2015 -.pending (student personal problem)
- PhD “A Linear Programming Model to Determine the Optimum Cropping Patterns for the Farmers of Dhamar Region-Yemen”. Department of Mathematics; Faculty of Science; University of Sana’a; (First Supervisor) ;(August, 1997 – August 1999); (Candidate: Mohammed Ahmed Hassan).
- PhD. in Corporate Planning for the General Establishment of Electrical Distribution of Baghdad Governorate; Dept. of Statistics; Al-Mustansiriyah University. 1996; (Candidate: Miss Salma Thabit Thaker).
- Sc. “Mathematical modelling of a Financial Planning System”; Department of Mathematics; Faculty of Science; University of Sana’a; (July, 1998); (Candidate: Mohammed Abdel Gadir Mohammed).
- MBA in the field of using Goal Programming in maximizing the Effectiveness and Efficiency of an Industrial Establishment; Dept., of Business Admin.; 1993; College of Admin. & Economics; University of Baghdad ;( Candidate: Miss Affaf Hassn Hadi).
- Sc. in Computer Science in the field of Computer Assisted Training; Department of Computer Science; University of Baghdad; May 1991; (Candidate: Mr. Mohammed Abdul-Jabbar).
- Supervised many Postgraduate Degrees in Military Studies in different topics such as Strategic Analysis, OR, and Management; Al-Baker University for Military Postgraduate Studies, Baghdad, Iraq; 1989 – 1995 (classified)
- Supervised Trainees' projects: Six-month Course in Management Leadership, Al-Baker University for Military Postgraduate Studies, Baghdad, Iraq; 1989–1995 (classified)
- Supervised more than (20) final year projects; Dept. of OR; Mansour University College-Iraq and
- Supervised Graduate projects in Business Information Systems Development & Implementation, College of Management and Information Systems, Ittihad University; 2002-2010
HONORS & Awards:
- “Most Sustainable 100 CEOs” by World Sustainability 2017, The Address Mall Dubai, Oct. 11, 2017
- “Education Leadership Award” by THE Golden Globe Tigers 2016 Education Leadership, on 11th April, 2016, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- “Education Leadership Award” by World Leadership Congress 2015: “IF NOT NOW, WHEN?”; on 6th & 7th Oct., 2015, (worldleadershipcongress.org ), Dubai, UAE.
- “Best Lecturer Certificate of Excellence" by Club of Rectors Academic Council, Oxford, UK during the Oxford Summit of Leaders ‘Science and Education’; 12-15 October, 2014; The International ‘Science and Education’ Competition 2014 organized by Europe Business Assembly, Oxford, UK. (http://www.summitofleaders.co.uk/en/entrants-express-exhibition ) Prof. AbdulSattar Al-Alusi Page 13 of 14
- “Award for Outstanding Contribution to Education”, WORLD CHANCELLORS & VICE CHANCELLORS CONGRESS & AWARDS 2014, 27th – 28 June 2014, Taj Lands End, Mumbai, India. (http://www.worldeducationcongress.com/award-categories.html#)
- "Manager of the Year Medal in science and education sphere 2013" by The Socrates Committee, Oxford, UK received during the Oxford Summit of Leaders ‘Science and Education’; 16-19 December, 2013 organized by Europe Business Assembly, Oxford, UK (http://www.summitofleaders.co.uk/en/cre-rankings)
- ITTIHAD UNIVERSITY ranked as “Best University” by The Socrates Committee, Oxford, UK received during the Oxford Summit of Leaders ‘Science and Education’; 16-19 December, 2013 organized by Europe Business Assembly, Oxford, UK (http://www.summitofleaders.co.uk/en/crerankings) http://www.ebaoxford.co.uk/events/2013/01/17/oxford_summit_of_leaders-science_and_education/
- "Best Lecturer Certificate of Excellence" by Club of Rectors Academic Council, Oxford, UK during the Oxford Summit of Leaders ‘Science and Education’; 16-19 December, 2013, The International ‘Science and Education’ Competition 2013 organized by Europe Business Assembly, Oxford, UK. (http://www.summitofleaders.co.uk/en/winners-2013 )
- "Best Professor in Information Systems", ASIA'S BEST B-SCHOOL AWARD, July, Singapore; 2010.
- “The Name in Science Award” nominated twice as a Laureate of this International Prize in the field of Scientific Researches by Socrates nomination Committee Europe Business Assembly (UK), (# 528 October 20, 2011 and 2014)
BOOKs & PhD THESIS ASSESSMENT & SCIENTIFIC REVIEWER:
- PhD thesis examiner, School of Business and Law, Central Queensland University, Melbourne Campus, October, 2015.
- Scientific assessment of a textbook entitled “Fundamentals of Game Theory”, for King Saud University, KSA, 2005
- Scientific assessment of a text book entitled “Integer Programming”, for King Saud University, KSA, 2008.
- Scientific reviewer of research papers, the Economist Journal, Dubai, UAE.
- Academic and Quality Assurance Reviewer, Emirates College for Management and Information Technology, Dubai, UAE; Jan 10-30, 2015; reviewing their students’ files, courses learning outcomes, exams papers and transcripts, moderation process, and some policies and procedures.
- Quality Assurance Reviewer, Mazoon College, Sultanate of Oman; Dec. 1-10, 2011; reviewing their "Institutional Quality Audit Portfolio" based on the Omani Quality Audit Manual, Institutional Accreditation: Stage 1; Oman Accreditation Council, 2008.
- Academic and Quality Assurance Reviewer, Applied Science University, Kingdom of Bahrain; August 2009- 2015: reviewing their Quality Assurance internal system and reviewed BA and MBA programs based on the Programme Review Framework, Programme Review Handbook, Quality Assurance Authority for Education and Training (qaa.edu.bh), KOB, since 2009- 2015
- Participation in Developing and designing the Curricula in Operational Research Department; Mansour University College; Baghdad; as follows (1988-1996).
- The B.Sc. courses (4 years).
- The proposed M. Sc course in Operational Research.
- Participation in revising, redesigning & developing Syllabuses and courses in Operational Research for Al-Rafidain University College; Iraq.
- Part–time Consultant for ‘Team International (engineering and management consultants) –Yemen Branch. Consultancy is given in:
- Designing and organizing training courses.
- Carrying out studies related to different projects they are implementing in Yemen
such As preparing technical proposals of the UNDP sponsored socio-economic
& Agriculture/Urban Water Use Surveys in Taiz Region; Feb. 1997.
- Member of the Editorial Advisory Board, Afaq Journal; Arab Network for Open and Distance Education, http://www.anode1996.org/afaq/advisory-committee.html
- Member of Programme Committee, Oxford Summit of Leaders” Science and Education. Innovative Models of Development”, 12-15 October 2014,
- Member of the International Editorial Advisory Board, The GLOBUS Journal: An International Journal of Management and IT, http://www.globusjournal.in/about.html, ISBN 0975-721X
- Member of the International Editorial Advisory Board, Business Review Journal: A Research Journal of the IIMT College of Management, IIMT Group of Colleges, India, ISBN 0975-0916.
- Member of the Editorial Review Board, Journal of Information, Information Technology, and Organizations (JIITO); published by the Informing Science Institute, 131 Brook hill Court, Santa Rosa, California 95409 USA. http://jiito.org/editorialreviewboard.html.