- Karimova, G.Z. (2020). Exploring visual framing strategies, sentiment, and product presentation modality in the Instagram posts of fashion influencers. Res Rhetorica, Vol. 7, N 1
- Karimova, G.Z. & Rutti, R. (2018). The cross-disciplinary approach to teaching entrepreneurship and print and online media production. Journal of Entrepreneurship Education, Vol. 21, N 1, pp. 1-13
- Karimova G.Z., Rassilbay, A., & Sauers, D.A. (2017). Lingerie and morality: Generation Y Kazakhstani women’s attitude toward lingerie.
- Journal of Eastern European and Central Asian Research, Vol 4, N 1
- Karimova, G.Z. & Shirkhanbeik, A. (2015). Society of things: An alternative vision of the Internet of Things. Cogent Social Sciences, Vol. 1, N 1
- Karimova, G. Z. & Shirkhanbeik, A. (2012). Carnival of social change: Alternative theoretical orientation in the study of change.
- Empedocles: European Journal for the Philosophy of Communication, 4, N 2, pp. 169–182
- Karimova, G. Z. (2012). A Bakhtinian typology for ambient advertising.
- Journal of Marketing Communications, 52, N3, pp. 84-94.
- Karimova, G. Z. (2011). Can the level of interactivity be measured? Empedocles: European Journal for the Philosophy of Communication, Vol. 2, N2
- Karimova, G. Z. (2011). Literary criticism and interactive advertising: Bakhtinian perspective on interactivity. Communications: European Journal of Communication Research, Vol. 36, N4, 463-482.
- Karimova, G. Z. (2013). Creativity in marketing communication. Academica Press, LLC, Palo Alto, CA
- Karimova, G. Z. (2012). Bakhtin and interactive advertising. Academica Press, LLC, Palo Alto, CA
- Karimova, G. Z. (2011). Color as a method of influence in advertising, Barnes & Noble Inc., USA
- Gulnara Z. Karimova, Daniel A. Sauers, and Firdaousse Dakka (2019). Chapter 7: The portrayal of people with disabilities in Moroccan proverbs and jokes, In P. Kuppers (Ed.), Disability Arts and Culture, Methods and Approaches, Bristol, UK: Intellect
- Karimova, G. Z. (2015). Practical applications in marketing strategies and consumer behavior in an ‘Islamic’ context. In B. Rishi (Ed.), Islamic Perspectives on Marketing and Consumer Behavior: Planning, Implementation, and Control, Hershey, PA: Business Science Reference