Projects and Grants:
- 2019: Jean Monnet Centres of Excellence from the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Commission
- Title: European Union Enlargement for the Western Balkans.
- Reference #: 610495-EPP-1-2019-1-AL-EPPJMO-CoE.
- Award amount: €99,918 for 2019-2022.
- 2017: Jean Monnet Networks award from the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Commission
- Title: Democratization and Reconciliation in the Western Balkans.
- Reference #: 587516-EPP-1-2017-1-AL-EPPJMO-NETWORK.
- Award amount: €295,092 for 2017-2020.
- 2016: Jean Monnet Module from the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Commission.
- Title: EU Democracy Promotion.
- Reference #: 575239-EPP-1-2016-1-AL-EPPJMO-MODULE.
- Award amount: €26,460 for 2016-2019.
- 2014: Dissertation Fellowship by Rutgers Graduate School-Newark
- Award amount: $20,000 for 2014-2015.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles:
- Meka, Eltion and Ilir Kalemaj. (2020). Critics of Democracy: The impact of communist legacy on support for democracy and voting behavior in Albania, Problems of Post-Communism.(Forthcoming)
- Meka, Eltion (2020). Reigniting European Integration in the Western Balkans: What can we expect?, Tirana Observatory.
- Meka, Eltion. (2016). European Integration, Democratic Consolidation, and Democratic Regression in CEE: An Institutional Assessment, Journal of European Integration, 38(2), 177-192.
- Meka, Eltion. (2016). EU Integration under Highly Fractionalised Party Systems: The Cases of Poland and the Czech Republic, Europe-Asia Studies, 68(9), 1467-1485.
- Meka, Eltion (2016). Minority Protection and Democratic Consolidation: The role of European Integration in the Republic of Macedonia, Genocide Studies and Prevention: An International Journal, 10(2), 23-37.
- Meka, Eltion and Stefano Bianchini (Eds.). (2020). The Challenges of Democratization and Reconciliation in the Post-Yugoslav Space. Nomos. (Forthcoming)
- Draško, Gazela Pudar., Aleksandar Pavlović and Eltion Meka, (Eds.), (2018). Politics of Enmity. Institute for Philosophy and Social Theory, University of Belgrade. Belgrade: Serbia.
- Meka, Eltion and Ilir Kalemaj. (2018). Gracka e Votuesit: Mes alkimisë elektorale dhe demokracisë hibride [Voter’s Trap: Between electoral alchemy and hybrid democracy]. UET Press. Tirana: Albania.
- European Integration and Cartelization of Party Politics in New Democracies. Presented at the ECPR General Conference in Hamburg, Germany on August 25, 2018.
- Theoretical and methodological challenges to democracy promotion. Presented at the OSCE Conference on “The role of the internationals in the Transition in Albania.” Tirana, Albania, December 6, 2017.
- European Integration and the Cartelization of Party Politics: Political competition and Eurosceptic parties in Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria. Presented at Canterbury Christ Church University Workshop on “Democratic Recession and Europe in Flux: Everyday Perspectives.” Canterbury, UK. September 20-21, 2017.
- Theorizing the International Dimension of Democratization. Presented at the Rutgers University Global Affairs Symposium “Conceptualizing the Global – Recontextualizing the Local, Regional and International.” Newark, New Jersey. April 24, 2015.